Thursday, May 25, 2006

weird

upon putting my sisters to bed tonight, i was subject to this scinitillating exchange:

yonina: er you can kiss me goodnight if you want.

me: get out. really?

elana: yes. we love you.

yonina: i love you.

me: this has got to be a dream.

elana: look, perel, you may be new to our secret life of loving you, but without you around there's no one to act parental when mommy's out of the house.

yonina: well i love you because you have curly hair and i also have curly hair.

me: i see.

elana: well that's not a good reason to love people.

yonina: well i also love her because she can play shadows of the colussus with us.

me: ah hah.

yonina: also because she's really big.

me: let's quit while we're ahead here.

yonina: and you're nice!

11 Comments:

Blogger PsychoToddler said...

LOL!

Er, welcome home!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Ayelet said...

Awww, how sweet! Sounds like everyone's happy to have their fudge home:)

9:33 PM  
Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

There's nothing like five-year-old logic! But I can't believe they wouldn't want you to kiss them. When I was a kid, babysitters had to kiss me goodnight, because I couldn't sleep without my comfortable little routine.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Aww, so cute!

but without you around there's no one to act parental when mommy's out of the house

...now what does this say about your dad? :)

10:55 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

Sounds like the beginning of a good sibling relationship :-)


last night, talking on the cellphone while trying to find a friend by the staten island ferry:

me: so, where are you? we can pick you up!

friend: really? thanks so much! i love you man!

me: hey, don't say that with my girlfriend in the car!

5:50 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Steg has a girlfriend? Is she an elf or a dwarf?

7:03 AM  
Blogger Tzafra said...

I wonder why Challah loves me?

7:52 AM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

So maybe having siblings isn't so bad after all. :) One could be called a lot worse things than nice. :)

5:33 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

PT:

she's the Wizard of OZ   ;-)

9:36 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Awww, the PT. I thought about her antics today at the Nephlet's birthday bash. Somehow I think she would have approved of what I'm going to post on OKS later.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

Oh, and welcome home fudge! Where are my manners? My mama would just die...

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home