Thursday, January 04, 2007

your regularly scheduled programming

yonina (walking into the room and abruptly flicking off the lights): wow it sure is dark in here!

me: it is now.

yonina: it's a good thing i brought my flashlight and pencil and paper!

me: ?

yonina (waving her flashlight at me): listen perel, i need you to draw something for me.

me: what, in the dark?

yonina: no, with the flashlight.

me: fair enough.

yonina (pushing the paper and pencil on top of my keyboard): i need you to draw me some jobs.

me: jobs?

yonina: yeah. you know. like 'bath' and 'line.'

me: what are you talking about?

yonina (groaning): look at the paper!

me: i can't see the paper! you're the one with the flashlight!

yonina (illuminating the piece of paper, upon which is a square and a line): ok, now do you see it? i need you to draw 'bath' next to the bathtub.

me: oh, i get it. you want me to write the word 'bath' next to the bathtub.

yonina (rolling her eyes): yeah!

me: oh, ok. (writes the word bath).

yonina stares at me for a couple of seconds.

yonina: no, no, keep going.

me: you want me to write more?

yonina: yeah, yeah.

me: what else do you want me to write?

yonina: 'bath.'

me: i did that already.

yonina: that's it?

me: yup.

yonina: that's all the words in 'bath?'

me: apparently.

yonina: but it's so small.

me: i guess i could write it a couple more times.

yonina: no, no, write the other one. write 'go down a line.'

me: 'go down a line?'

yonina: yes. next to the picture of a line.

me: are you SURE that's what you want me to write? 'go down a line'?

yonina: yes.

me: ok (writes 'go down a line')

yonina: wait wait wait. 'go down a line' isn't a job!

me: what kind of job are you talking about it?

yonina: you know. jobs! like bath...dishes...milk...

me: oh, you mean like a list of chores?

yonina: we have to start over. draw an 'x' over everything.

me: whatever you say, kid. (draws x)

yonina (brightly): hey perel, isn't that a pretty picture? i think we should call it ted!

11 Comments:

Blogger outofAMMO said...

You need to listen to her more, Fudge.

4:13 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

GET!

ME!

OUTTA HERE!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger outofAMMO said...

You cant escape

7:15 PM  
Blogger Eli Lansey said...

Bring her back with you to NY for the spring semester!

5:32 AM  
Blogger The Rashblog said...

Snert.

(That's the noise I make when I try not to laugh, but fail.)

9:23 AM  
Blogger fudge said...

actually we have discussed bringing her back in my suitcase many times. she remains skeptical, mostly because, as she frequently points out, 'there's only one airhole.'

11:43 AM  
Blogger outofAMMO said...

oh good. That makes one of us.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

LOL.
DWTH

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL..has abba been sharing his meds?

7:32 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I think we need to take a closer look at exactly who is making whom crazy here.

8:38 AM  
Blogger Irina Tsukerman said...

LOL, I think she needs to start her own blog! : )

7:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home