Tuesday, May 25, 2010

bruise

she had a bruise

-and later she would think he put it there
think, this is where he grabbed me and shook me until i agreed with him
this is where he gripped me and spun me into knots
this is where he hurt me
even though it wasn't so.

like a cancer on her arm

-and they came up to her all worried
even though it had been weeks now
over, over for forever
almost years since he had called and come
and waited by the bus.

yellow, ringed in purple

-and she yanked her sleeve across it
and was self-conscious, which was silly
since she'd only banged a wall
banged a wall
banged a wall
banged a wall while he was yelling
and weeping
and standing in her way.

a bruise

-and she'd think
he put it there
this is where he touched me
even though he never would.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you OK?

5:20 PM  
Blogger fudge said...

b"H. this is not autobiographical, just something i've had floating around in my head for awhile.

6:09 PM  
Blogger katrina said...

What are you up to these days, Fudge? You disappeared for a while.

8:34 PM  
Blogger fudge said...

i've been more or less consumed with work this year...but i thought i had lost the blog, and it was a shame because this has always been a good place to think and share ideas, and i missed that :)

4:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home