Sunday, August 21, 2005

gaza

how many times will i be abandoned
the stones of my Temple are wet with tears
the blades of grass shiver, my soldiers are broken
my people have had their hearts cracked in their chests.
we reach out our hands, but it is to strike
we squeeze our eyes shut, we turn away
but i love you, i love you, and there can never be peace
can never be solace
can never be Justice in what i am forced to do.
so hold my hand when i reach out
look into my eyes, dry my tears
weep with me, walk with me, leave with me, please
forgive me
we are
all scarred
forever
scarred.

dedicated to israel, settler and soldier

8 Comments:

Blogger queeniesmom said...

what a beautiful poem!
it says everything that everyone is feeling.

9:01 PM  
Blogger fudge said...

wow. where do they all come from?

6:59 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Tried Hare Krisha?
Reverend Moon?
Jerry's Kids?
How about Buddhism?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Pope Lizbet said...

PT:

The first three I can give you, the last have more important things to do than troll the Internets with spambots. ;)

But arrgh! Spambots! Seriously!

6:05 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Sorry, it's a line out of Airplane!

8:40 AM  
Blogger fudge said...

hah! ok, now it's funny!

i'm off to drag yonina to the park...you'd think she;d want to go, but no

9:10 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Well, fudge, you are very, very popular with the spammers. I just wanted to say that this was a wonderful poem.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Fudge, that's a very moving poem. It's important for us to remember that kol yisrael chaverim, all Jews are connected.

If you'd like, you could check out the poem I just posted on the hitnatkut here: http://onthefringe_jewishblog.blogspot.com/2005/08/moon-some-poems-of-mine.html#comments

You also might want to try this:

http://www.blogger.com/home

Unwanted Comments?
Turn on word verification to help prevent comment spam.

I just got my 1st "comment spam," so I'm trying it out on my own blog.

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home