Sunday, April 06, 2008

conversations with my great, food-critic grandfather

grandpa: the other day we had barbecued meat for supper. you tell me something, is that healthy? what kind of fool sets fire to something and then eats it?

me (reasonably): well grandpa david, you know people've been doing that for thousands of years now.

grandpa: oh really?

me: yep. thousands.

grandpa: you ever noticed something about all those people, perel?

me: er...what, grandpa?

grandpa: they're all dead now, ain't they?


the scary thing is, i have a feeling the pt would have employed identical logic.

8 Comments:

Blogger Stubborn and Strong said...

u called him as grandpa DAVID??? Is it because so nobody will confused between grandpa and grandpa david?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

LOL!

My grandfather on any food: Eat it for 100 years and you'll live long.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Bas~Melech said...

Ezzie! My gpa used to say the same thing! "Steak (or whatever) is good for you; if you eat it for 120 years you'll live long."

9:01 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

We had the EXACT same conversation with him an hour later. I think he was working up his material with you so he could use it on us!

6:41 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

We also experienced these exchanges:

Grampa David (disparaging the food at the Nursing Home): How many vegetables do you put in your vegetable soup?

Mrs. B: How many vegetables do you want?

GD: Just answer the question. How many do you put in?

MB: I don't know what the right answer is.

GD: Just tell me.

MB: I don't know. Five, maybe.

GD (waving hand): You're just as bad as them.


Also:

GD (complaing that the battery he made my Mother-in-law get from Radio Shack for his $19.95 crap-watch didn't make it come back to life): Look at this! It still doesn't work!

Me: Maybe it's just broken.

GD: Well, how much did it cost?

MB: 19.95. And $5 for a new battery.

Me: Maybe you should just buy a new watch.

GD: At my age, I don't even think I should be buying new batteries. We'll see who stops ticking first.

6:47 AM  
Blogger outofAMMO said...

I love that guy.

8:04 PM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

So *that's* where Mrs. B. got her sense of humor! :)

2:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home