Tuesday, August 23, 2005

cheating no longer mark of loserhood

conversation i just had with elana, the coolest nine year old you know:

me (glancing over at elana's computer): hey, you're playing that old role-playing game i used to play when i was your age.

elana: uh, duh.

me: hah! i remember how hard that part was...ah, good times...cause you have like, nothing in the beginning, right? just that leather stuff and...(looking closer) holy toledo! you have the best armor in the game!

elana: yeah you do.

me: but you're on the first level!

elana: exactly.

me: elana...are you cheating?

elana: yup.

me: but...that's not...

elana: yeah?

me: the fun part was to...get the gold...and...

elana: oh, i got the gold. i got lots of it.

me: but it's...cheating.

elana: i like cheating.

me: but then it's not fair.

elana: no, then i get rich.

the youth these days...the youth these days...

3 Comments:

Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Sounds like you're talking to Homestar.

8:41 AM  
Blogger fudge said...

duh, maybe because she likes cheating?

9:08 AM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

The Cheat is not dead!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home