Monday, December 05, 2005

the high life

i am the happiest i have been in a long time.

today i rearranged my furniture and it's like the apartment is brand new. i created my own neat little space. my desk is no longer in the corner between the dresser, the closet and the bathroom. my bed no longer juts precariously into the hallway. my stuff no longer spills onto the floor like an monster of paper.

as if that weren't enough joy, my neighbor messaged me today (she could have just shouted through the wall, but whatever) and my ex-roomie came down, and we held a Monty Python Breakfast Cereal bash. we all went down to the lounge with Comfy Chairs and watched monty python and the holy grail (but only after we finished our work, this was stipulated in our contract). it was hilarious. on the couch behind us, a couple practicing some shady manuevers actually stopped because they got so into the movie. the security guard came down to watch it with us and took down the title in his address book.

then after the movie, we walked out to the grocery store and each bought a box of cereal, except for my ex-roomie, who bought a popcycle (in the middle of a blizzard). then we proceeded to exchange boxes and much on random cereal while walking back to the dorm through the driving snow. and you know what? it was cold and gluey and we were all laughing and i know it sounds like some corny girlpower movie, but i feel so happy again that corn is a small price to pay.

13 Comments:

Blogger Ezzie said...

"Bring out your dead! Bring out your dead!" "Ay, I'm not dead yet!" :::WHAM:::

Greatest movie. We saw it in history class in WI...um, some place, as an educational tool.

btw...What's a popcycle? Is that like a big Coke bottle Chicago people ride on?

10:35 PM  
Blogger Safranit said...

This is what college is all about!

2:31 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Your mother vacuumed last night. She was so high I had to peel her off the ceiling.

6:57 AM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

PT - as parents, aren't you setting a bad example by encouraging your daughter's "high life" in college!?

3:58 PM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Ezzie, she's getting high on *life*! That's the best kind of high.

By the way, I would describe a popsicle as fruit punch frozen on a stick. You can get popsicle molds with built-in plastic sticks at ye friendly local housewares store and make sugar-free popsicles by poring grape or orange juice into the molds and putting them into your freezer.

Fudge, as long as you uphold your "work contract" and keep studying, enjoy your time between classes, by all means. That's half the fun of going to college.

10:19 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

I volunteer at a non-Jewish college. I see what 'real' college students are into. If this is her idea of 'high,' I'm all for it.

8:00 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Shhh...don't give away all of my secrets!

6:57 AM  
Blogger Tzafra said...

People have fun wiht the strangest things. . . I don't think a recent school shabaton I was at would have been half as much fun if we didn't have a seven+ hour blackout from just before Shabbat until 11:45 PM, in the middle of the woods where the electricity powers the water pump so no running water or flushing toilets until the middle of the night . . . If you're having fun, I encourage it.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Doctor Bean said...

"Old woman"

"Man"

"Oh, sorry. Old man."

"I'm only 37."

-------------------------

"And what else do we do with wood?"

"Build a bridge out of her!!"

---------------------------

Glad you're happy.

6:50 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Explain again
how sheeps' bladders may be employed to prevent earthquakes.

10:08 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

WHO LET THE GEEKS OUT??

WHO

WHO WHO WHO

10:10 AM  
Blogger Bkbuds said...

Actually, my favorite Monty Python quote is from "Life of Brian"

"I'm a Yid, a Heeb, a hook-nose, a Red Sea pedestrian, and don't you forget it!"

10:49 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

My favorite quote is:

"Where are you going?"

"I'm going with you."

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home