Wednesday, November 16, 2005

fair citizens of brookdale, let not midterms smite joy from your heart

so at a quarter to seven, i remembered i hadn't signed up for shabbas. since, as we just discussed, i like food, i rushed for the elevator, only to discover a huge OUT OF ORDER sign on it. so i dashed down eighteen flights of stairs and flung myself out the door, darting through all the basketball people (Why not?) assembled in the lobby, into

you guessed it!

THE POURING RAIN!

so mad dash to the caf to sign up before seven, to save myself five bucks, and then, back outside, where it is raining EVEN HARDER THAN BEFORE! and now i feel like a video game, like a pac man or something, trying to navigate between all the umbrella-blinded people.

get back to the dorm, dripping wet, to find that one elevator is working, but it has just hit capacity and there is a waiting line. so i am about to embark, wet and slipper-footed, on my eighteen flight journey back to my room, when it just hits me:

the stairs are a GREAT place for the tap dance routine to 'Singin in the Rain!'

and you know what? IT'S TRUE!

so i'm marching up the steps and singing gene kelly style, but sadly, the other people on the stairwell merely look at me as if i just televisioned in from planet kindergarten. hello, fair citizens of brookdale! have you never seen singing in the rain? well, take heart. next showing, i'm doing my fair lady- same bat time, same bat place!

2 Comments:

Blogger PsychoToddler said...

When life gives you lemons...

5:12 PM  
Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

This is one of the wonderful things I learned in college: to do whatever I felt like, regardless of public opinion. Except at my school, when people acted crazy, they were generally thought to be drunk.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home