Sunday, August 19, 2007

you may return from the edge of your seats

i've just had a breakthrough. these three weeks have left me too exhausted to be brilliant, but in a nutshell, here is my discovery:

it was impressive to see the herodian walls of ma'aret machpela. it was daunting to see the kotel, the machon mikdash, the tunnels. your eyes wept with gratitude for the sight of the long sand beaches and warm oceans at ashdod.

but what i loved most about being in israel, what i loved most that was in israel, was the family here i never knew i had.

4 Comments:

Blogger RaggedyMom said...

Do you mean that you have actual individual family members in Israel, or more of a "the collective family of our people" sort of thing?

Either way, I'm glad it was great.

4:58 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

Same Q as the new mom above, but I'll assume the latter and say that's an amazing way of putting it. (I believe my own thoughts when I went were 'I've never felt so at home before'.)

And I'm sure RM would agree that we'd love to see you in this neck of the woods sometime soon. :)

10:11 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

"the collective family of our people" sort of thing?


Uhh...yeah...sure that's what she meant.

Actually I think she was referring to what my mother would call "blood relatives."

6:37 AM  
Blogger RaggedyMom said...

Woah. Blood. Sounds gory.

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home