Thursday, November 01, 2007

a little thing i like to call 'continuity'

*BEEP*

You have Two. New. Messages. First Message Sent Today, Thursday, November. First. At. Eight. Twenty-Three. PM:

"Pereleh, this is your Grandma Rose speaking. I just wanted to call you to remind you that you are coming to me tomorrow for Shabbos. So don't forget to come to my house, and make sure you should get on the right bus. And meantime also make sure you should ask the busdriver he isn't changing the schedule when they change the time because they are stupid that way.

Ok bye."

Next Message Sent Today, Thursday, November. First. At. Eight. Twenty-Five. PM:

"Pereleh, listen, it's your Grandma Rose again. Also you shouldn't forget that I am babysitting for your father's sister tomorrow from eleven to twelve o'clock in the morning. So if you want to come in the morning, forget about it. I know you don't usually come in the morning, so now you have a good reason not to.

Ok, barring anything else that comes up, I'll see you tomorrow. Bye."

7 Comments:

Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Fogedaboudit.

I think she's finally becoming a New Yorker.

7:33 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

That's hilarious.

7:30 AM  
Blogger orieyenta said...

Is there a message #3 yet?

9:14 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Ok, barring anything else that comes up, I'll see you tomorrow

I'm wondering, what is the threshhold for this? What does 'anything else' mean? Like if the newspaper doesn't come, then you can't come? Does it have to be serious emergency? What if there's no whole milk in the freezer?

9:17 AM  
Blogger the apple said...

LOL

6:17 PM  
Blogger Tzafra said...

Was that before or after I hung out with you?

And why don't I mreit mention here?

10:01 AM  
Blogger iguana said...

Funny how much Yonina and Grandma Rose have in common.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home