Friday, September 21, 2007

my sister is older than she used to be, yet remarkably, still insane

me (swinging open the door): guess what everybody? i'm BACK!

the pt, not getting up: plainly.

me: plainly?

the pt (sternly): you didn't perch on the street, did you?

me (at a loss for words)

the pt: you know. when you got off of the airplane? did you perch?

me: uh...not as such...

the pt: because you know there's a sign right out on the sidewalk that says you're not allowed to perch on the street.

me: a sign?

the pt (impatiently): you know, the sign with a big 'P' on it and a circle and a red line?

me: you mean the no PARKING sign?

the pt: no! if i meant the no parking sign, i would have SAID no parking! i mean the no PERCHING sign! the sign for airplanes! so they don't PERCH on people who are walking!

me: well, i see that as usual, i am not going to have any idea what you're talking about this yom tov.

the pt: well your airplane had to perch somewhere, or you wouldn't be here!

me: calm down, the pt.

the pt: oh...i hope nobody got hurt...

7 Comments:

Blogger outofAMMO said...

I always wondered what those P signs meant.

10:28 PM  
Blogger SJ said...

I am laughing out loud. A lot. I want to meet your sister.

I hope you have a wonderful sukkos! See you after break!

10:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should rent her out for weddings and Bar Mitzvahs! I'm sure she'd be a hit.
Have a wonderful Sukkot. :)

5:16 AM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

I would say she's "still crazy after all these years," but I'm afraid the infamous Milwaukee Cro-Magnon Man would come after me with his club. :)

1:25 PM  
Blogger Chana said...

Huzzah for the sheer beautiful randonimity of your sister's comments. I love them.

9:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Randonimity not word. Grunt.

6:29 AM  
Blogger the apple said...

LOL

Now, every time I use the word "perch," I'm going to think of this.

Chag sameach! See you in a couple weeks!

9:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home