Friday, August 24, 2007

the pt gets a work ethic

the pt (brightly, munching a cookie): well, i sure am a helper today!

me: that's right, you certainly are.

the pt: i made the cookies and i peeled the carrots. i guess i'm just doing all the work in the house.

me (washing dishes): you said it.

the pt (reflectively): i have an idea. how about we don't give cookies to anyone except people who finished their jobs. like iguana can only have a cookie if she finishes the laundry, and rafiki can only have a cookie if he makes the cholent, and mommy can only have a cookie if she...

(she frowns)

me: what's the matter, pt?

the pt: mommy doesn't really have a job.

me: um...

the pt: she's always just doing stuff for us because we never do anything.

me (to myself): leapin' leopards, batman!

(out loud): do you think that's fair?

the pt thinks about it, then concludes brightly: well, at least i do a lot of work!

me: that's right!

the pt: when i'm not busy.

me: ...?

the pt: with the playstation.

me: ah.

the pt: playing alien demos.

me: i see.

the pt: cause you know, abba gets a new demo cd every week, so there's always more i have to play. but i don't think you'd like them. the aliens are really ugly.

me: right.

the pt: actually, i was gonna go play that right now. (looks at the cookies) but i have to finish the carrots first.

2 Comments:

Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Methinks the youngest is growing up.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

your abba gets a new demo cd EVERY WEEK??!?!

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home