Sunday, October 30, 2005

sometimes i wonder

am i the only person who finds 'the far side' comics more disturbing than funny?

i guess i am more of a charlie brown person.

i am going back to new york today, which alternately thrills me and terrifies me. i'm not sure what i am terrified of exactly. the roommate situation is part of it. grades is another part. believe it or not, i am also wondering how i will adapt to having no furniture again. having nowhere to sit takes a toll on you sometimes.

but i think it was good that i came back, so i sort of see what i'm missing. i came to a realization this past shabbos that my family is not some officially sponsored program that will end at some point. my family will always be right where i left them, rolling along at the same pace they always have. they'll visit my grandparents on sundays and clean the house on fridays. no matter when i come back, if ever, they will be doing the same thing. me being in new york doesn't change anything for them; and for me, it's just an opportunity to try different things. it's like going to baskin robbins and ordering the gourmet...um...pumpkin spice...ice cream instead of vanilla. vanilla will always be there.

once i learn not to be uptight and worried about things, and live things for the sheer pleasure of living them, new york is the most intriguing and exciting development in my entire existence. and i can take the whole experience and make something of it, this i believe. i'm going to turn this whole year into something for everyone to have and enjoy.

i'm not being very amusing today, but i hope you don't mind. it's the last day of my vacation, you know. i'm entitled to be solemn at least once a month.

i've been sticking my head out the screen door every ten minutes trying to get as much fresh air as i can...hah, i don't even know why i bother. i've never been to new york this time of year. i wonder what it will be like.

i think for the radio premiere, mayerhoff and me are going to debate the extremely pressing issue of whether lamb chop is a girl or a boy. aside from the war on iraq, i believe all americans are divided most strongly on this debate.

ok. signing off.

3 Comments:

Blogger .30cal said...

you know, not all the far side comics are morbid at all. some are just common silliness. and as for the lamb chop debate, you need a solid defense to attack from. give some evidence that lamb chops is a boy. are you listening to me? hello? i can't believe it! she friggin blocked me! la la la la.....

3:45 PM  
Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

I hope your family doesn't change Fudge. My parents changed a lot after all the kids left, and when I had to live at home for a very short time we just about strangled each other. But you have a long time before the PT leaves.

2:18 AM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Parents may change but I suspect it's the kids who change more. I have a hard time when I go back to visit my folks. Which incidentally I'm doing on Sunday.

6:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home