Friday, October 14, 2005

this is what makes the internet such fun

well, it appears that i've been tagged by my father to fill out one of those internet quizzes that people with nothing to do during their coffee breaks get so excited about. fortunately, i've always got time for trivia (related to my mom the cryptoquip addict), so here it is, folks:

7 things i can do:

1. talk. a lot. with really big, not entirely relevant words that scare the living daylights out of people.

2. i can knit scarves. i'm not sure how i feel about that.

3. i can write a book and a bunch of songs and poetry.

4. i can run up and down 18 flights of stairs four times in a half an hour.

5. i can draw really good stick figures.

6. i can roll out of bed at three o'clock in the morning, take my sister to the bathroom, change her clothes and her sheets, and get back into bed without ever waking up.

7. i can find circa's.



7 things i can't do:

1. i can't play scrabble. or chess. or any other board game, really. this does not change the cardinal rule, which is that i always win, unless one of my younger sisters is playing, in which case i lose.

2. i can't write html code or speak binary. so leave me alone.

3. i can't take conventional pictures. there was this video i filmed that i like, and i can take cool pictures, but not things that would make any sense in your photo album.

4. i can't put a leaf back in the table. sorry, abba.

5. i can't keep things neat and orderly.

6. i can't routinely do something i can't see making a difference in the long run. for instance, solitaire, or busy work. busy work really, really bothers me. i guess it's the whole egyptian-oppression thing.

7. i can't say the 'rrraish' sound israelis use. i have stopped trying. i might as well have it plastered on my forehead: AMERICAN JEW.


7 things i hope to do in my lifetime:

1. be 125 pounds

2. go to israel

3. get published

4. make a difference in other people's lives like other people have made a difference in mine

5. you'd think i want to do more with my life, yet i'm running dry...i would like to write a screenplay that gets adapted, or else, magically be able to effect a really good british accent

6. i could say have a family, but that would scare my dad, so i'll go with something less complicated...matching sock. i would like to have matching socks.

7. be out of debt- why didn't i think of this earlier? also win a scholarship...why can't i win a scholarship? i only applied to 40...sheesh...


7 things i say often:

1) whatsit

2) whatever floats your boat

3) clearly

4) go figure

5) therein lies the paradox/condundrum

6) oh ho ho

7) what kind of ::harrumph:: music do you play?

ok, i have to tag more people, right? i tag-- EVERYBODY WHO READS THIS! bwa ha ha ha HA

14 Comments:

Blogger respondingtojblogs said...

This guy got through with the auto-Turing test??!?

2:15 PM  
Blogger fudge said...

that's what i was thinking.

2:31 PM  
Blogger Kiwi the Geek said...

125 lbs: is that a net gain or loss?

1:09 PM  
Blogger Steg (dos iz nit der šteg) said...

whatever floats your goat

7:20 AM  
Blogger fudge said...

now there is an interesting conundrum.

5:22 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

What's with Milwaukee people saying, "Whatever floats your boat"? And how come so many of us non-Milw. people say goat? I've been wondering that one...

9:45 PM  
Blogger fudge said...

you mean floating your goat is a real saying? but thats absurd. goats by nature do not float. nor should they have to.

9:56 PM  
Blogger PsychoToddler said...

Well, since Ezzie has quite the goatface himself, I'm assuming he'd be the goatoo guy or gal. It's hard to tell with that goatface of his.

6:48 AM  
Blogger .30cal said...

I refuse to reveal 7 things i can't do, on the grounds that mom would read this and immediatly set out to "mend my ways". if I can't do it, I CAN'T DO IT! although i admit that i also cannnot put a leaf back in a table. srry, abba.

10:42 AM  
Blogger Esther Wilberforce-Packard said...

What do you mean, "goats by nature do not float?" Of course they float, unless they're wearing heavy shoes or a fanny pack full of nickels. I've never heard of any mammal just up and sinking. Nor should they have to. Am I right, or am I right? Please, somebody, tell me I'm right!

7:10 PM  
Blogger Eli said...

Fudge:
I can forgive you for not being able to say Raish properly, but Please, Please, tell me how what's 125 pounds in something metric!

6:19 AM  
Blogger fudge said...

eli: i am sorry. i went to canada. i lived the metric confusion. the mere though of kg makes me shudder.

5:42 PM  
Blogger Ezzie said...

How can I be the Goatoo guy? I play quarterback!? And of course goats float. Have you ever seen one drown? I think not. Boats, however, sink all the time.

Plus, I shaved before Sukkos. I am no longer a goatface.

12:15 AM  
Blogger Shira Salamone said...

Fudge, umpteen years ago, the *first* time I took Ulpan, I had a Yemenite teacher who insisted that the reish should be "rolled," like a Spanish r, rather than "swallowed," like a French r, which she described as being the way most Ashkenazim pronounced it. I took her at her word, and have been rolling my reish ever since. Try it *that* way--maybe you'll sound at least a tad less American.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home